The Burning House
July 1, 2012 § 1 Comment
I found The Burning House last year, forgot about it, then stumbled back across it recently. Such a cool idea! It’s a tumblr that features submissions from people all over the world, photographing the items they would save if their house was burning.
Of course I had to make my own:
- teddy bear I gave to my Grandmother at age three–she returned it right before she died seven years ago
- framed origami heart out of The Beatles, “All You Need is Love.” sheet music. Purchased at street fair in Notting Hill
- Autographed, first edition copy of Jeffrey Eugenides’ novel, The Virgin Suicides. My favorite book.
- crab ashtray–once belonged to my Grandmother
- a Baywatch Barbie tumbler–beloved shared keepsake of my aunt Lis and I
- Frye Harness Boots — olive green
- yoga mat
- whale paperweight –once belonged to my grandmother
- journal containing lists, ideas, drawings, and moments I don’t want to forget throughout the years
What would you save?