February 18, 2013 § 2 Comments
Realizing I’ve learned nothing from this exact same time last year. February must mean homemade skinnygirls in my book.
HOW is this possible?!?!?!?
I apologize for the snore inducing characteristics of my weekly photos…I’ve quickly realized my little life is not very interesting! Thanks for putting up with it!
February 9, 2013 § Leave a Comment
I didn’t get a chance to get a post for Friday out yesterday. BUSY week. We can now see a light at the end of the tunnel of Andrew’s job search. Things have been shaky since November….ahh the joys of small, renewable energy startups!
Teaching a couple classes this morning, then book club later today, then a birthday dinner for Mom. Lots of good things.
February 1, 2013 § Leave a Comment
Wishing everyone a happy Friday a little late due to a lost internet connection at home. However, we did get about two inches of snow (and ICE) and I didn’t have to work today. Unexpected three day weekend?!?! Yay?!
Over at Mom and Dad’s writing this…we’ve been enjoying the snowy day with coffee, dance parties, and a cookie bake off: chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, sugar, and turtle. Whoa. You can see exactly what’s going on here.
What do you think of Vine?! I pretty much agree with these ladies. I’m half-heartedly participating, but pretty much think it stinks.
January 25, 2013 § Leave a Comment
Wintry mix this morning…lots of delays & closings throughout the area except for where I work of course. Bah!
Had a slight freak out last night regarding my schedule…working day job, teaching 7+ yoga classes a week, blogging, reading, sweeping up dog hair?!?! Why?!?! Haha, just kidding. It’s all good things and I am excited about it all, but holy mackerel I need to get focused!
January 18, 2013 § Leave a Comment
It has been a yoga filled week! Taught five classes Monday-Thursday…phew! Love it though. I had a great week and there was lots of exciting news job wise (for Andrew, not me).
Small victories this week:
1) I did not watch the Bachelor (did power DVR it though…fast forwarding through, etc). This is big people…baby steps.
2) a 2 hour delay at school on Wednesday resulted in a some fabulous early morning yoga time…thinking I might make this a habit.
3) I am already three books in to my 2013 goal! Read this book this week…unfortunately I was NOT a fan.
But, can you hear that?!? It’s a three day weekend! Woohoo! I have Monday off for MLK day and couldn’t be happier about it.
January 11, 2013 § 2 Comments
Not only is it Friday, but I had an excellent first week back–not sick and loving it. What’s a better way to celebrate Friday than with an illustrated diary excerpt from Susan Sontag?! I love Susan Sontag and San Francisco illustrator Wendy MacNaughton nails it. Found it on brainpickings and I’m hoping it’s the first of a series…
Macnaughton also did this:
January 4, 2013 § 2 Comments
I hope everyone is getting back to their routines alright…I’m not quite there yet, but Monday is now looming…
How adorable is this photo of the DA cast at the NPR studios?! Love them! Between this amazing segment from Colbert and this, they seem up for anything.
December 31, 2012 § 8 Comments
if you regularly read this little blog, you probably know that I love to share things that I love.
this is a master list of some things that made 2012 probably one of my favorite years yet.
- graduating from yoga teacher training at Orbis Yoga. I miss my yoginis very much. It was the best training. period.
- leaving a full-time desk job to teach yoga and library it up with lots of little ones. less secure, less money, and since I’m around lil’ children all the time, I’ve been sick for months, but boy am I happier.
- Breaking Bad, Breaking Bad, Breaking Bad, Breaking Bad
- discovering HomeFries.com
- we rescued the wonderful Reuben
- this wonderful PBS Special of Ellen Degeneres winning the Kennedy Center’s Mark Twain Prize for humor
- taking classes in the great little studio via YogaGlo
- the soundtrack for Beasts of the Southern Wild from Benh Zeitlin & Dan Romer
- Grumpy Cat
- these boys (and my 10+ year old chuck taylors)
- discovered a new frizz fighter this year: EO Lavender & Coconut Nourishing Hair Cream
- Spotify. This has been making my life better since 2009, but I’m sorry, it just gets more and more amazing every year.
- that one day when I made puppy chow using cookie butter instead of peanut butter…don’t do this. you’ll be
- multiple trips to Asheville. As a matter of fact, I may or may not have returned from there just last night…
- discovering the key to non dairy bliss: So Delicious Coconut Milk creamer
- another year of great learning: thank you x 1000 NPR.
- These guys. Living across the street my parents has been fun, fun, fun, fun. Love it.
- and, thanks to them I have the most perfect little space to teach yoga.
- great friends and great family.
- a wonderful little house.
- and finally, we recently got the wonderful news that Kaylex (my big bro & sil) are expecting a wee one! First grand-baby on my side of the family and we. are. so. excited. Yay!
Obviously there are tons more little and big things that made 2012 great.
I had a great Christmas with multiple family celebrations and a great trip down to Asheville. So thankful to have another entire week off before heading back to work. Ready to hole in and read, yoga, etc. I am still putting the finishing touches on my resolutions list, will be back with those probably tomorrow. I’m thinking about switching things up on the blog here, will let you know what I have in mind.
I hope everyone had a great holiday and also a great year.
December 7, 2012 § Leave a Comment
So excited to have another holiday weekend ahead of me. Ahhhhh bring on the glogg, music, bookclub meetings, yoga teachings, etc.
November 30, 2012 § Leave a Comment
Highlights of my week:
Also some great podcast listens this week…which reminded me of the RIDICULOUS mistake I made of leaving this lady off of my list of lady role models:
WHAT IS MY PROBLEM?!?! Dolly is one of my all-time favorite ladies..I love love love love her. Sorry Dolly…
Listen to this:
“After Decades of Dreaming, Dolly says ‘Dream More’”
Talk of the Nation – November 27, 2012
On Point with Tom Ashbrook – November 28, 2012
“Slate Culture Gabfest”
November 28, 2012
“What Changes When Women Lead”
Talk of the Nation – November 29, 2012